The Commissariat Store Museum and RHSQ offices reopened in June in accordance with government reopening guidelines. Social distancing and hygiene measures are in place throughout the building. We are asking you to please visit another time if, in the past month, you have:
- Experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or runny nose)
- Been in contact with anyone known to have COVID-19
- Travelled overseas
- Received a positive COVID-19 test result
You can read the Society’s full coronavirus safety plan here.
The COVID -19 pandemic is having a significant impact on the activities of the Society. The Commissariat Store is continuing to remain open at the moment but the position may be reviewed in due course. The position with regards to this issue is changing daily.
To help protect our staff, and our mature aged guides and volunteers all school visits have been cancelled.
We have also made the decision to either cancel or postpone future events.
- The monthly lectures held on the Wednesday for the months of April, May and June 2020 have been cancelled. The planned lectures after June will be reviewed in due course.
- The Cook Conference to be held on 23 May 2020 at the State Library has been cancelled.
- The Cook Conference to be held on 29 May 2020 at Agnes Water has been cancelled.
- The Queensland Day Dinner to be held at the Brisbane Club on 6 June 2020 has been postponed. The postponed date is still to be decided.
If you have just arrived from overseas or have come in close contact with a person infected with Covid-19 you should self-isolate for 14 days.
If you experience symptoms of fever, a cough, sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath, please seek medical advice!
Also practise safe distancing procedures and if you have the above symptoms or have been tested positive for COVID-19 you will be refused entry to the Commissariat Store.
I thank you very much for your support with regards to this issue.
Stephen W Sheaffe
17 March 2020